Два письма - Форум
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: Vandora  
Форум » Разное » Оффтопик » Два письма
Два письма
ScramaДата: Понедельник, 08.12.2008, 16:01 | Сообщение # 1
Статус: Offline
Зашел тут на TWHL, где не был уже сто лет. Прочитал письма - млею. первое дало ответ на вопрос об использовании DM-Knot, второе заставляет задуматься. Сами письма в следующих постах, чтоб было проще вникать, кому интересно )

ScramaДата: Понедельник, 08.12.2008, 16:02 | Сообщение # 2
About your DM Knot map

Hello,

Well, let me start first by giving a quick introduction of myself: My name is Santos Carrion, and the only time that I play Half-Life is on the Xbox360, so sadly to say, I do not have a PC copy of it. Now, with that said, I can tell you that I am not a Half-Life map maker, never done one or even know where to start to make one. By trade and hobby, I am a website designer and do have experience with some 3D programs, but my 3D creations are basic stuff compared to your stuff. Anyway, my whole point to this message to you is to ask you permission for me to make public my use of one of your Half-Life maps, in a experimental project on my personal website.

The reason that I need to ask you permission to use one of your maps, is because I intend to use it outside of the Half-Life game. You see, my website is about VRML worlds, specifically multi-user 3D chat virtual worlds, similar to the "Second Life" website. What I basically do is this: I take some Half-Life .bsp map file with custom textures, convert it to VRML (Virtual Reality Modeling Language), upload it to my web host's server, add the necessary code to my website so it can connect remotely to a third party multi-user server program called "ABNet". Now, so far I only have 5 Half-Life maps converted to 3D chat VRML worlds on my site from 5 different map makers, you of course being one of them. The particular map I chose from you is the one called "DM-Knot".

It is already up online as a VRML world running through the multi-user ABnet gateway. You are the 1st of these 5 map makers that I am emailing to, so I can get permission to use their maps in a non Half-Life way. All there is left to do is to invite you to checkout my website, look it over and try out your DM-Knot map as a 3D chat VRML world. Once you are done doing this, then please let me know if you like what you see. If by any chance you do not approve of the alternative use of your map as a VRML world, just say so and I will remove your map from my website right away. I do hope you have an open mind about this, and if you have any questions or concerns about anything, I am ready to take them. Well, I will have my fingers crossed and hope for the best! My website is at: www.virtualhl.info

Also, one more thing: To view and participate in the 3D chat VRML worlds on my website which are running through the ABNet multi-user server, you will need to download and install 2 very small browser plugins called "BS Contact", a VRML viewer and the "ABNet client". The download links for these 2 tiny programs are provided on my website. Well, I hope to hear from you later, Mr. Scrama..........

Santos Carrion

ScramaДата: Понедельник, 08.12.2008, 16:03 | Сообщение # 3
Great looking Map work

Was just going through the screens of one of your maps and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan Wiancko and I am heading up a collaborative sci-fi project and we are definitely looking for people with your skill sets and style. The Project itself is set roughly 100 years in the future taking place after a devastating event has wiped out life on the earth. The player begins their journey on a lunar mining colony which was setup just prior to the near outbreak of world war 3 and has become the last outpost of humanity. The player eventually makes his way down to earth where the struggle and challenge of repopulating and conquering the earth begins, and the moral dilema's humanity must face in such a desperate time. As an FPS the overall look and feel of the game will be very down and dirty, we are really aiming for a dystopian future mixed with post-apocalyptic and desperate reality. For visual inspiration we are pulling heavily from Mad Max, Blade Runner, Chronicles of Riddick, BattleStar Galatica as well as philisophical inspiration from 1984, Star Trek: Deep Space 9 and again BattleStar Galactica. We are looking to recruit a few skilled level designers as we've reached a stage with our concept that we need homes for all of our items, characters, monsters. This is where you come in, I simply couldn't let the opportunity pass me up to contact you with the level imagination and creativity in I've seen in your work - Well done!

Let me start by saying that this is a non-paying job and currently all of our artistic team are volunteers who are looking to be a part of large project such as ours and are working to have their names placed on something that we know is going to garner a lot of attention in the Industry, for this reason of course we only ask that you donate what time you can. We will however be implementing a reward system in the near future where we will be giving out cash rewards to those who contribute the most every few months, so it won't all be free work plus after the release of the first game we will be going back through our volunteer list and picking up those who were the largest contributors for contracted work

For an example of some of the current concept work up – please take a look at

http://paradiselostonline.com/public/index.php
or for the Piece of the Week go to
http://www.paradiselostgame.com/spotlight.html

Our company is laying the foundation for a long term future business and are very serious about what we do so if you are interested in working with us please let me know and I we can begin to immediately fill you in on all of the details and the procedure of getting on board the team. We’d would be very excited to challenge you artistically and see what kind of work you could do!

I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Ryan

E_StonerДата: Четверг, 11.12.2008, 14:36 | Сообщение # 4
Осилила перевод обоих. По второму согласие дал? Что они там предлагают, кроме работы за бесплатно?
Концепты у них интересные, но пока получается ничего не сделано, так?

Та самая Элли

ScramaДата: Понедельник, 15.12.2008, 13:35 | Сообщение # 5
Все ленюсь написать им нет. Там Torque используется, а кривизна его - феерична.

Форум » Разное » Оффтопик » Два письма
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: